- Alberta Government, Sustainable Resource Development, Edmonton
SRD has a collection of over 1.4 million air photographs covering the entire province of Alberta dating back to 1949.
- Foto Flight of Calgary
Foto Flight is a Calgary based company supplying privately flown air photos of Western Canada (Tel: 403-291-2299)
- University of Calgary Library
The collection of about one million air photos focuses primarily on Calgary and southern Alberta. There is less coverage for northern Alberta and other western provinces and territories.
- Base Map Online Store (Crown Registry and Geographic Base Branch, Victoria)
Black and white aerial photography and more recently colour photography is available for many areas of BC at various scales and dates, from 1935 (black and white) and 1969 (colour) to present day from GeoBC.
- Imagery Finder
Searchable aerial photos and indexes (1963 to present) on Google Earth from GeoBC.
- Aerial photo indexes and film roll year correlation
Downloadable aerial photo indexes (in large, medium and small scale) and film roll year correlation document from GeoBC.
- Yukon Energy, Mines & Resources Library The EMR Library has a collection of over 100,000 aerial photographs covering the Yukon Territory and immediately adjacent areas of northern BC and Northwest Territories. Photos are indexed on the online map viewer SkyLine, which includes satellite imagery for the territory and digital images of air photos that have been scanned.
- National Air Photo Library, Ottawa The NAPL collection of about six million air photos dates from the 1920’s and is mainly black and white vertical air photos with some more recent colour.
USA and International
- UCSB Library’s Map & Imagery Lab, Aerial Imagery Research Service (AIRS) Comprehensive aerial photo collection specializing in California and USA, with some international coverage. Located at the UC Santa Barbara Library, AIRS provides aerial photo assistance for researchers and the community of California.
- American Society For Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS) Online catalogue containing aerial photo metadata including acquisition date, film type, sensor type, scale, and supplier contact information. Catalogue contains aerial photography from private companies, universities, states, NGOs, and federal sources. Aerial photo covers primarily USA, with some international coverage.